Arable lands kept fallow – taking over by Government. NEEDS IMPLEMENTATION TO INCREASE FOOD PRODUCTION

Sl No 588

Circular Number RD 358 LRM 75

Date 12/15/75

Section Land Reforms

Subject Arable lands kept fallow – taking over by Government.


NO. RD 358 LRM 75 Karnataka Government Secretariat,
Vidhana Soudha,
Bangalore, Dated:15th December 1975.

Sub: Arable lands kept fallow – taking over by Government.

- - -
It is the intention of Government that no arable land should be left fallow by farmers. This policy of the Government has already been enshrined in the existing provisions of the Land Grant Rules and the Land Reforms Act and Rules.

Under the Land Grant Rules, Government lands are granted to eligible agriculturists for cultivation with the condition that the grantee should being the land under cultivation within Deputy Commissioner may extend this time upto 5 years if he is satisfied that the grantee could not do so for bonafide reasons. For any contravention of the above condition, the grant is liable to be cancelled and the land resumed to Government free from all encumbrances.

Under the Land Reforms Act 1961 (as amended), Sections 84 and 85 empower the Assistant Commissioner having jurisdiction over any area to take over the lands which are left uncultivated for over two consecutive years and lease them to others for a period not exceeding 5 years.

Under Section 60 of the Karnataka Land Reforms Act, the lands whose occupancy rights have been registered in the name of a tenant should be resumed to Government and disposed of in accordance with the provision of Section 77 of the Land Reforms Act, if the tenant fails to cultivate the land personally for three consecutive years. There is a similar provision under Rule 26 of the Karnataka Land Reforms Rules in respect of the grantees of the surplus lands.

The above provisions are brought to the notice of all the Assistant Commissioners/Tahsildars and they are requested to take immediate action wherever necessary in accordance with the above provisions. They must ensure that no arable land is left fallow.

(B.M. Nagaraj)
Asst. Spl. Officer for L.R. & Ex-officio,
Under Secy. to Govt. Rev. Dept.


Following are the records which the Village Accountant is required to maintain: -

i) Register of Lands of Khetwar Patrika and its Abstract.
ii) Record of Rights, Tenancy and Crop Inspector Register (R.T.C) (Form 16).
iii) Khata (Ledger) (Form 24).
iv) Khirdi (Day Book) (Form 25).
v) Receipt Book (Form 36).
vi) Subsidiary Register showing the Demand and Collections of Land Revenue, Misc.Revenue. Cassess, etc.
vii) Monthly D.C.B. Statement.
viii) Register of Other Fixed Revenue.
ix) Takrar Taktha or Takrar Faisal Patrika.
x) Maintenance of Boundary Marks Register.
xi) Mutation Register (Record of Rights) (Form 12)
xii) Disputed Cases Register (Record of Rights) (Form 8)
xiii) Coercive Process Register.
xiv) Jamband Kammi-Jasthi-Goshwar, i.e. General Abstract of Lands and Revenue.
xv) Miscellaneous Papers :-
a) Register of grant of Certified Copies.
b) Fasal Goshwar (Crop Abstract).
c) Banjar Taktha (Government Waste Lands).
d) Kulwar Paki Patties under different items of Revenue.
e) Village Vital Statistics.


i) All anonymous complaints should be rejected and destroyed. However, if the complaint is specific and gives details which are verifiable, the matter should be verified.

ii) Complaints in regard to matters which are not pending for more than 6 months, should not, normally, be entertained.

iii) Representation on cases where provisions is available for appeal or revision, cases of allegations of corruption which require action by palekayukta, cases pending in Court should not be entertained.

iv) The petition qualifies to be taken as a grievance, only after the petitioner has earlier sought relief from the local officer concerned and his request has not received adequate or any attention whatever.

v) The tendency to push down a paper to the next subordinate authority should be discouraged. Appropriate action on the representation received should be taken as far as possible, with reference to the information that is available in the office, where representation is received. In case the required information is not readily available, only such information as is required to dispose of the petition should be obtained from subordinate office within a fixed time.

Incorporation of conversion orders and Land Tribunal orders to RTC

Sl No 1801

Circular Number RD 28 MRR 2001

Date 07/17/2002

Section RTC

Subject Incorporation of conversion orders and Land Tribunal orders to Bhoomi - reg.


No. RD 28 MRR 2001 Karnataka Government Secretariat,
Bangalore, dated: 17th July 2002.

Sub: Incorporation of conversion orders and Land
Tribunal orders to Bhoomi – reg.

It has been reported to Government that in many cases, conversion orders issued by revenue authorities are not being entered on Bhoomi and the citizens are being forced to move formal applications for making conversion entries on the Bhoomi system. Similarly as and when Land Tribunal orders are passed, same are not being entered on Bhoomi system.

The Deputy Commissioners are advised to immediately direct all their Tahsildars to incorporate conversion orders and Land Tribunal orders on to Bhoomi as and when they are passed by concerned authorities. Under no circumstances citizens should be forced to give applications for making conversion or Land Tribunal entries.
This Circular is also available at the Revenue Department Internet site

Additional Secretary to Government
Revenue Department (Land Reforms)

All Deputy Commissioners.